What’s wrong with a good idea?
I know a good idea is simply that—a good. But it’s not so simple. In fact there’s a lot that’s wrong with a good idea. Consider the following:
- It requires that we change what we are doing.
- It will make us think.
- Not everyone can have them at the same time.
- It makes others jealous.
- It increases people’s defenses.
- It opens the provider to ridicule.
- It makes us inconsistent.
- It opens risky territories to explore.
- It reveals the quality of our friendships.
- It sometimes generates more good ideas, which will increase the intensity of all of the above.